This limited edition mini collection blends elements of romantic pieces inspired by antique undergarments of the late 1800s, such as bralettes, corset covers, overskirts and petticoat skirts, yet is adapted for the contemporary wardrobe. This assortment of separates and dresses was designed as foundational pieces and layering options, perfect for various uses at home, around town, and for travel.
The collection features silk chiffon with vintage lace trim, hand embroidery, pin-tucks, ruffles and more. The luxury European linen pieces in this collection are soft and comfortable and are a necessity for your season-less wardrobe, but especially for the spring and summer. All fabrics have been prewashed and intentionally made to look vintage, worn, and loved with small signs of distress measured in.
Here you will find:
Linen selection: Available for pre-order for mid-April delivery. Delivery schedule varies upon item.
- the beautifully distressed ruffled Annettecorset cover;
- the want-to-wear-it-everyday Petticoatskirt with ruffley yoke detail, special stitching, and an easy to pull on drawstring waist;
- the perfectly layerable roomy Slip dress with princess seams, adjustable straps, and pintucks;
- the French Country blouse inspired by time spent in a local French country antique store. This blouse is one size, roomy and comfortable;
-and this assortment of foundational pieces would not be complete without evoking inspiration from the 1950's with the Athena bra top and the Bardot high waist shorts. These pieces are for your fun-in-the-sun or as undergarments throughout the year.
Silk Chiffon selection: Available for pre-order now. Delivery schedule varies upon item.
- the Bralette top, each is individual and unique with vintage lace, pin-tucks, hand embroidery, shell buttons, adjustable straps;
- the Overskirt with drawstring ties and a bit of elastic for easy on/off is the most versatile piece in this collection;
- the Francis Blouse with back buttons and loops has vintage lace and special details. Each color has its own special features;
- the Riana wrap can be worn in so many ways for so many occasions. Each color has its own special features. This piece is very lightweight and sheer. Wear as a tone-on-tone ensemble or mix and match with the other colors in this collection or with pieces you already own.
This Modern Romance collection was designed with comfort and ease of wear in mind while bringing elegance and playfulness into your wardrobe. All of these pieces coordinate together and are easy to style with pieces you may already have. Just like colors of nature, the hues and tones of white, butter, cloud, meadow green, pistachio, basil, and indigo blend together easily. The vintage rose print adds another dimension of nature and an element of romance.
A few embellishments and adornments have also been added to this group, such as various Art Nouveau influenced self tie belts, and the Jabot inspired Ruffled neck scarf.